What size socket is my nut?
How to Determine the Right Size Socket for a Nut
- Turn on the digital caliper and set it to read in inches, not millimeters. …
- Close the caliper jaws until each jaw rests on one flat side of the nut on opposite sides.
- Check the caliper display. …
- Turn on the digital caliper and set it to read in millimeters, not inches.
How do you measure bolt socket size?
- Insert the shank of the bolt into the holes in a bolt-sizing gauge. …
- Locate the printed bolt size to the side of the correct hole on the gauge (for example, 1/2, 3/4 or in mm for metric bolts).
- Locate the socket head in the socket set that has this size printed on its side.
What size head is on a 3/4 bolt?
Hex Bolt Head Size Chart
How do you measure bolt and nut size?
How to Measure Nuts & Bolts
- Place the head of a bolt or a nut into a nut and bolt gauge. …
- Measure the shank length of the bolt from the bottom of the head (where it meets the shank) to the bottom of the bolt, using a measuring tape to determine its overall length. …
- Place the shank of the bolt into the bolt width gauge.
How do I know if my nut is metric or standard?
How long is that bolt? Most bolts come in pretty uniform lengths; and this is a good way to determine if the bolt is metric or standard. Measure the bolt length (not including the cap), and see if it’s closer to a fraction of an inch, or a nice and round millimeter length that ends in 5 or 0.
What size wrench fits a 3/8 bolt?
US Bolt Head/Wrench Size
|Bolt Diameter||Head and Wrench Size|
|Hex Bolt – Lag Bolt – Square Bolt||Heavy Hex Bolt|
What are the standard socket sizes in order?
Six Point Standard Sockets (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1) Six Point Metric Sockets (9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21) Six Point Standard Deep Sockets (1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1)
Is M10 same as 10mm?
If the size is M10 x 25, that would mean that the diameter is 10 mm. … The 25 indicated a length of 25 mm. A matching nut would be labeled M10, which also doesn’t require a thread pitch since it’s a course thread fastener.
What size socket fits a 3/8 nut?
Hex Bolt, Lag Bolt, Square Bolt and Heavy Hex Bolt
|Bolt Diameter (in)||Head and Wrench Size (in)|
What is the torque on a 3/8 bolt?
ASTM A449 / SAE Grade 5*
|Bolt Size||TPI||Tightening Torque (ft lbs)|
What size is a #8 bolt?
American Screw Sizes
What is the standard bolt size?
US Standard Thread Length for Bolts
|Bolt Diameter||Standard Thread Length (in.) *|
|Bolts 6 inches and shorter||Bolts longer than 6 inches|