Hand loosen the grip. Other cordless screwdriver models, like the one in the picture, require the operator to grasp the round ridged tightener behind the bit tip and twist counter-clockwise until the clamps holding the bit tip in place are loosened enough to release it.
How do I change the bit on my cordless screwdriver?
How to Change Bits in Your Electric Screwdriver
- Step 1 – Take Appropriate Precautions. …
- Step 2 – Choose the Appropriate Bit. …
- Step 3 – Locate the Chuck Key, Chuck Cap and Clamp Gear. …
- Step 4 – Insert Chuck Key into Chuck Cap. …
- Step 5 – Open the Bit Slot. …
- Step 6 – Remove Existing Bit and Insert New Bit.
How do you remove an electric screwdriver?
Pull the collar toward the body of the screwdriver with your fingers. Hold it against the front of the screwdriver. This releases the bit. Pull the bit out of the screwdriver.
How do you remove a screwdriver head?
How to Take Out the Interchangeable Part of a Screwdriver
- Hold the handle of the screwdriver firmly with one hand.
- Grasp the shaft that extends from the handle with your other hand. …
- Pull the shaft containing the bit to separate it from the handle.
How do you remove a screwdriver from a drill?
Insert a Phillip’s Head screwdriver into the tip of the drill and turn the screw inside of the chuck counterclockwise. This should loosen it up enough to rotate the chuck. Once your chuck rotates again, replace the screw. Turn the chuck counterclockwise with a wrench if it’s stuck.
What to use if you don’t have a tiny screwdriver?
What to Use if You Don’t Have a Screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver.
- Butter knife.
- Old CD.